What is a wheel hub bearing and why is it so important?
How do my car's hub bearings affect braking safety?
Why are hub bearings critical to my traction control system?
Why are "value grade" hubs a risky choice?
- Value grade hubs last less than half as long as premium hubs.
- Their cheaply made seals can allow moisture and contaminants to enter and destroy the bearing prematurely -- requiring you to pay for a new hub in as little as 10,000 miles.
- They can produce annoying wheel vibration and noise
- They can cause your anti-lock braking system to malfunction, leading to safety concerns for your vehicle.
- They can even result in your wheel hub coming off while you are driving -- potentially causing a fatal accident.